For the cupcake, I followed Amelia's recipe (almost to a T) except that I omitted the peppermint essence and 3 tbsp of Baileys. The texture looks a bit heavy (unlike Amelia's) but wasn't really so when eaten. Hmm, I wonder why, lack of moisture perhaps? It was soft though.
As for the frosting, it was cream cheese as I wanted a contrasting color to make the little extra treats stand out.
Overall, this cupcake coupled with the frosting is just pure indulgence! The piece of Andes and M&Ms chips really topped it all!
Source : Amelia's De-ssert
- 75g butter
- 100g sugar (originally 110g)
- 1 1/2 eggs
- 113g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 25g cocoa powder
- 125ml warm milk
- Andes mint baking chips
- Preheat oven to 185C.
- Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda twice.
- Sift cocoa powder and mix with warm milk until well blended.
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in egg and make sure well mix. Do not overbeat.
- Add in flour and cocoa mixture alternately. Mix well for every addition.
- Fill cupcake liners half full. Add mint baking chips and top with more batter until 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Source : Your Cup of Cake
Note : The below is a quarter of the original recipe with some variations
- 60g cream cheese
- 22g butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp milk or cream
- Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar and cream, beat well.
- Pipe cream onto cooled cake and decorate as preferred.