I cut out the inner part of the bread into little cubes, then toasted them before laying a layer back into the toast box. Then i filled it up with some brinjal curry and topped it with some sambal belacan.
- 2 medium size brinjals, cut into thin rectangles
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsbp chilli paste
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat cooking oil in a pan then fry onion until onion is soft and golden brown in colour.
- Add in ginger, garlic and cumin/fennel seeds. Stir fry until smells fragrant.
- Add in ground turmeric, chilli paste and chili/curry powder.
- Add in tomatoes and fry until they start to soften.
- Add in brinjal. Mix well to ensure brinjal is coated with spices.
- Add in water.
- Cover and simmer under medium low heat until brinjal is soft and gravy is at preferred thickness.
- Season with salt and adjust spiciness to taste if necessary.