Sugar and spice. everything nice..that's what I am made of, hahahaha! So the rhyme goes! Anyway, this is what these pancakes are made of and they are more than nice!
Cold weathers (unfortunately it's just rain not snow that we get over here in the tropics)seems to be great for pancakes, and the addition of apples gives it a nice yuletide appeal (maybe it's just me and my growing christmas and holiday season mood).
This is the other side of the pancake where the apples are...in case you are wondering where they are :)
These pancakes were inspired by Gghie, The Red Apron. I used my favorite yogurt pancake recipe though.
Source : The Red Apron
- 1 cup shredded apples
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon mixed spice
1. Mix shredded apples, sugar and spice in a small bowl.
2. Cook the mixture in a small pan for around 5 minutes until apples are soften.
3. Set aside.
Source : Nestle Yogurt Recipes Collection
- 150g sifted plain flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 150ml water
- 100g yogurt
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- Mix ingredients A in a bowl.
- Stir in ingredients B to form smooth and thick batter. Do not overmix.
- Heat and greased a non-stick frying pan with some butter.
- Use around 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- Sprinkle some apple mixture on top of pancake.
- Turn pancake over when bubbles rise and burst.