So, i am still on my Chinese New Year cookie baking marathon although it will be here in 5 days! Actually i only have 3 more days, minus 1 from travelling time back to hub's hometown and another to help mil prepare the reunion dinner on the eve. But in hindsight i have done quite a fair bit, 5 type of cookies already with enough for some sharing. What is left is to repeat the cycle so that i can have more to share with loved ones and friends :)
This one was made with the purpose of using the pecans that i have in stock. Might as well make good use of them and turned them into something Amos like which is well loved by many. A simple crispy and crunchy cookie with pecans and Andes mint chocolate chips in it, need i say more??
Source: My Sugar and Spice And All Things Nice
- 150g butter
- 1/4 cup soft brown sugar
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup choc chips (i used Andes mint choc chips)
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted pecan nut halfs (you can replace it with white chocolate chip or any other nuts)
- Heat up oven to 180C degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add yolk and vanilla essence and beat further.
- Mix flour, chips and nuts into batter with wooden spoon.
- Spoon batter onto baking sheet and bake for 10~15mins
- Cool on wire rack.
Note: Handle the cookies with care, as they tend to crumble easily.