Source: Pansalang Pinoy
- 2 lbs pork belly (850g)
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced or crushed (4 tbsp)
- 5 pieces dried bay leaves (3 pieces)
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (1/3 cup)
- 1 tbsp whole pepper corn
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 russet potatoes skinned and cut into quarters
- salt to taste
- Combine the pork belly, soy sauce, and garlic then marinade for at least 1 hour (I left it the fridge overnight and made it for lunch the next day)
- Heat a heavy based pot and put-in the marinated pork belly to brown the meat.
- Add water, whole pepper corn, and dried bay leaves then bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in vinegar and simmer for another 10 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add in potatoes and simmer for another 15 minutes or until potatoes is soft.
- Add sugar and salt to taste.