Hello world! Blog has been neglected for quite awhile, in fact gaps between posts are growing wider. And there's this strange instead of at home feeling while I try to put this up. Can't help it, finding it difficult to have enough "me" time to spare for this. I am glad that friends are still dropping by and leaving some words too.
Let me just do a quick share of what we had for breakfast this morning to get my 'engine' started again. I can't remember how I landed on this recipe. Somewhat like how with my bad sense of direction, i sometimes end up somewhere which was totally unplanned for. But this is definitely treasure stumbled upon. It was indeed a very yummy banana walnut steamed cake. Thank you Lily of Wai Sek Hong!
Simple ingredients that yielded very soft and fragrant cakes in minutes. Best part is they are fat free and steamed. i.e. less guilt!
Source : Lily's Wai Sek Hong
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar (reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 6 Riped Bananas - mashed
- A pinch Salt
- Chopped walnuts (optional)
- Sieve flour together with baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Separate egg white and egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites until foamy then gradually add in sugar, whisk until thick.
- Add in egg yolks and whisk to combine.
- Mix in flour mixture and mashed banana, beat until well combined.
- Pour batter into muffin lined tins/cups
- Top with chopped walnuts if preferred.
- Steam for 20 - 25 minutes.